Video verification or a "selfie video" is actually 2 short videos. The first is a recording of yourself reading a unique code and holding your passport and the second recording a close up of your passport details.
Curious why we ask you to take a video of yourself? We take a new approach to verifying your identity so that we can better serve your global lifestyle. This way we can better confirm that you are the one submitting your account details instead of someone else trying to impersonate you.
Before you record
It can be a little tricky to get the recording right so we have put together this quick guide if you have any questions. Keep in mind:
- You must have your passport with you to complete the recording
- Both your face and the ID should be clearly visible and you need to speak the code slowly
- You'll need at least 100mb of memory on your phone in order to record the video - Don't worry, everything is removed when you submit the video to ensure your privacy
Recording your video
- When you first hit start recording we will ask for permission to use your camera and microphone to record the video
- There is an outline of a person to help you center yourself on screen, when you are ready hit Start Recording at the bottom of the screen
- First, a unique code will display at the bottom of the screen, read this out loud
- Next, show the inside front of your passport (the page with your picture) and back of your passport during your video, then you can press Stop Recording
- Last step is to capture your passport close up, make sure to place your passport within the frame, press record and hold it in the same position for three seconds - Check that the edges of the passport are inside the frame, there is no glare and all the information is legible
- Your video will now save and send - You can replay your video and passport recordings before you submit and rerecord if you had any issues.